Monday, August 20, 2007

Knitting with friends

A lovely Saturday was spent knitting and shopping with friends. We've been having great sunny weather so it was perfect for knitting. In fact it was so warm we knit at Anne's (yarns at the Adobe) big room. The 5 of us (Eileen, Nancy, Jenni, Steph and myself) enjoyed a some knitting and (of course) yarn acquisition. Then it was on to fleece works in Morro Bay. What a find! I'm not a spinner but this certainly got me thinking about it. The roving is so soft! I did find some great, white merino blend that will be fabulous for dyeing ( I don't do that either, but I will!).
We then headed up to Cayucos for tea at the Cass House ( a restored Victorian). It was a lovely time with yummy treats and great tea. Several knitters did the tea tasting. I didn't know tea could be so varied. The only bummer of this nice day was that Ball and Skein in Cambria closed early so we didn't get to shop there. I'm a bit miffed, as they knew that 5 knitters with money were going to show up at the end of the day. I'm glad Jenni called to let them know we were on the way otherwise we would have driven all the way up there only to be disappointed. Oh well, Eileen's likes my business so I'll just go there (closer too)

No comments: